You’ve put time, money, and yes, sometimes even tears into your PPC campaign and it’s still not getting you the ROI you desire. Don’t let it get you down- all you need is a little understanding and know-how. Below are five tips that will not only boost your sales, but also, your morale…
- First: You know your brand, so bid on your brand’s keywords. Your competitors certainly will be and why should they have all the fun? Your brand’s keywords are going to optimize your click-through rates giving you the conversions you want.
- Second: Test your ad position. This is important because if you don’t know where to best position yourself, you don’t know how to achieve the most bang for your buck, ie: the best cost-per-click (CPC) rates and the best click-through rates. Move around and see where is working for you and where isn’t.
- Third: Research your Time Lag Report. This report will tell you how long it takes your users to convert. It isn’t easy to find on your own- go to Tools > Conversions > Search > Funnels.
- Fourth: Be dimensional. Optimizing can be done in several ways within the different dimensions. The dimension reports you should pay attention to are Reach & Frequency, Time, and Destination URL.
- Fifth: Look further and longer through search query report mining. Here you can review your search term reports and find out what the users are searching for to find your products/services. You will see both negative keywords and keyword expansion suggestions.
Much of this does involve some more advanced reporting, all of which you have access to. You just need to know where to find it. When you truly know your customer and how they are (or aren’t) working your campaign, you’ll know how to successfully get your PPC campaign to work for you by making the educated decisions within your AdWords account.
But, hey, this can be way more than you want to deal with. If you want someone else to read your reports and let you know how to best handle your campaign- it just so happens, our team loves reading reports. Give us a call and we’ll get you sorted.